Friday 10 September 2021

Welcome to the Pearl Class Blog!


Welcome to our Early Years Blog, I hope you will find it helpful as your child starts their life at Down Hall Primary.

It has been lovely to meet all the children this week and I am looking forward to us starting our learning journey together. 

Following on from our ZOOM meetings, I have found some parental guidance regarding the baseline assessments, I have added it to the Pearl and Quartz pages of the school website, under the "Useful Information" tab. Alternatively it can be found by clicking here.

I have also now heard from the Echo newspaper. For those of you who DO NOT wish your child to be in this photograph, please do let either me or the office know as soon as possible. As soon as I have the date for publication I will let you know.

Just to confirm our start time for next week is 9.15am and our finish time is 2.45pm. Those children with older siblings can start at the earliest time and siblings can come home at 2.45pm. These arrangements are due to be reviewed again on the 17th September. The letter regarding this can be found here

A mid morning snack is provided for the children, so they will only need to bring in their water bottle and a lunchbox, unless they are having school dinners. The lunchtime menu can be found here.

On to our learning for this week, we will be:


  • Welcoming everyone into Pearl Class and learning about what we do at snack time and lunch time.
  • Finding out about different areas of our classroom and around school - exploring the ladybird garden, field and adventure playground.
  • Drawing pictures of ourselves for our classroom display.
  • Talking about how we can work together to make our classes a happy place to work and play. (RRS Article 31)
  • Taking a class photo for the Echo New Starters supplement.

Please remember I am only ever an email away, there is no such thing as a silly question and I will always do my best to answer any queries. Please use the email address earlyyears@downhallprimary.com. This email address is also the place to send any WOWs for the children. 

I hope you all have a lovely weekend. 

Miss Wakefield