We have had a very busy first week back and the children are enjoying our new project "Minibeasts". We have spent lots of time learning all about caterpillars and butterflies. The children all made their very own caterpillar and sequenced the story in their English books. The caterpillars have been put up on display and we are planning on adding to it each week, with different minibeasts.
On to our learning for the coming week, we will be:
- Sharing another book by Eric Carle, this time it is all about a bad-tempered ladybird.
- Retelling the story "The Bad-Tempered Ladybird and thinking about how the ladybird behaved and whether this was the right thing to do, sharing our ideas during Circle Time.
- Watching a film showing the life cycle of a ladybird.
- Labelling the different parts of a ladybird.
- Learning about time, making different o'clock times, just like those in the story.
- Revisiting the 4 consonant digraphs in our Phonics sessions.
- Making ladybird pebbles to put into our garden.