We have been very busy this week, going into the hall to run through our performance and trying on our costumes. Some of the children will be bringing home their lines for our Nativity, we would be very grateful if you could help them practise their words.
On Monday your child will come home with 2 programmes for our Nativity. These act as your tickets so please bring them on the day. The performance will take place in the hall, you will be asked to enter this via the side doors which can be accessed from the school car park in Brooklyn Drive. The performance should last around 20-30 minutes. The PTA will be offering teas and coffees and there will also be a collection at the end of the performance for this year's chosen charity.
Christmas Jumper Day
The children looked fantabulous today in their Christmas Jumpers today and we have raised money that will continue to sponsor Thoko and her local community in Malawi. We thought you might like to hear what Thoko wrote in her most recent letter to us. She writes:
Dear Down Hall
I am learning in Standard 4. I go to school everyday. I always work hard in classes and my end of term results are always good. When I finish school I want to be a nurse. Very soon we will start harvesting crops. Greetings to you!
A local representative who oversees Action Aid's money also adds:
One of the problems in Primary Schools is the shortage of desks. As a way of addressing the issue, we bought desks and shared them with two Primary Schools in the Kalowe Zone. This initiative has helped increase the number of children who have access to sit at a desk. Thank you for your support which has really promoted education in the area.
It's amazing to think that from such a small act on our behalf, we can make such a big difference for the young people who live such a long way away but share our right to an education. Thank you all so much!
Today we also had a visit from Mrs Morgan, who brought along some of her instruments to play. She showed us how she plays the cornet, trombone and tenor horn and then she played a tune using a hose pipe and a funnel! We sang some Christmas songs together, playing different percussion instruments and had lots of fun!
We have put up a poster with important dates on our noticeboard (next to the Early Years gate) along with publishing them here.
- Wednesday 14th December - Christmas Dinner at school (this needed to be pre-booked and the deadline for this has now passed)
- Friday 16th December - PTA Christmas Bazaar
- Tuesday 20th December - Our Nativity
On to our learning for next week, we will be:
- Watching the Key Stage 1 children perform their Christmas production on Monday.
- Finishing our Christmas cards and calendars ready to take them home to our families.
- Playing the different games on Phonics Play.
- Enjoying our Christmas Dinner on Wednesday.
- Creating our own Fairy Light patterns and completing some Christmas counting activities in our Mathematics sessions.
- Enjoying the PTA's Christmas Bazaar and Santa's Grotto on Friday.
The last drop in for this year will be on WEDNESDAY.
Have a lovely weekend!
Miss Wakefield, Mrs O'Connor and Miss Langley