Friday 4 March 2022

07.03.22 - This coming week in Early Years

Hello everyone, 

I have really missed Pearl Class this week, but know that they have been superstars for Mrs Fincham and Mrs Holmes. I was also so sad to miss their 100th day at school on Wednesday and seeing them all in their costumes yesterday. I know that Mrs Fincham has taken lots of photos so I will see them next week and I'm sure the children will tell me all about it! (I will add photos next week for everyone to see too).

This coming week we will be:
  • Sharing and discussing the story "How To Catch A Star". This was Oliver Jeffers' first book and also the first story about the Boy.
  • Creating our own song and musical accompaniment for the stories, adding sound effects. (This is carried over from last week, when I was off school).
  • Learning the next tricky word in our Phonics sessions, there will then only be 2 left to learn. 
  • Continuing the phase "Building 9 & 10" in our Mathematics sessions, counting backwards from 10 and finding different ways to make 10 using our 10 frames.
  • Learning about 5 new Vocabulary Ninja words.
  • Starting to look at non-fiction books to learn about penguins.
  • Painting our own moose, thinking about the way Oliver Jeffers drew them in his book "This Moose Belongs To Me".
I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
Take care
Miss Wakefield