Saturday 27 February 2021

01.03.21 - This coming week in Early Years

 Hello everyone!

One more week to go and then I promise I will put that iPad away and not subject you all to my films anymore. I can't wait to get the Pearlies back into school and to teach them again in person. I'm sure it will be lovely for us all to get a small bit of normality back again in our lives.

Below are some ideas for this week's home learning, these are the activities we would have been doing had we been in school.

  • Sharing the story "Up and Down" by Oliver Jeffers. This is another story about the Boy and the Penguin. You can find this story here.
  • Thinking about friendship and what makes a good friend. The Boy and the Penguin are clearly good friends, maybe you could draw a picture of and/or write something you like to do with your friends and share you ideas with me. You could use this sheet to record your ideas.
  • Continuing our latest phase in White Rose Maths - "Building 9 and 10". A link to the films for this week can be found here. On Monday they talk about the Ten in the Bed rhyme. We sing this at school using the version that you can find here
  • Continuing our Phase 3 Phonics work, learning a new tricky word and recapping some of our vowel digraphs. Monday's film is in the folder and the others will be recorded next week.
  • Starting to find out information about penguins, for example by finding out about where they live. Here are some starting points that we would have used; three episodes of Andy's Wild Adventures. There is an episode about Emperor Penguins, one about Chinstrap Penguins and one about African Penguins
There are also some activities by Oliver Jeffers for this book. They can be found in the English section of our Home Learning Folder.

On Thursday it is World Book Day and had we been in school we would have been marking it in some way. SO with this is mind, I would like to challenge you all to find a favourite story and read it in an usual place! I would love to see any photos of your unusual places.

Please remember I am only ever an email or phone call away. If there is anything I can help with then please do let me know.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, take care
Miss Wakefield